Cross-border cooperation to promote innovation and business development in the Arctic
It is a pleasure to invite you to the side event of the Interreg Nord programme during Arctic Frontiers 2020 – The power of knowledge.
Date: 29th of January 2020, 16.30 – 17.45 (Clarion Hotel The Edge)
Registration code: SIDEWED20
• Interreg Nord and Troms and Finnmark County Council
• EU’s Arctic Ambassador
This side event will share experiences and lessons learnt and discuss the challenges of sustainable business development and innovation in the Arctic. Focus is on how cross-border cooperation can provide better possibilities for sustainable development in a local, regional and Arctic perspective. What can the Interreg Nord programme offer to Arctic businesses and Arctic science community?How Arctic cross-border cooperation can link research and innovation environments to develop sustainable business?
The Arctic 5 Universities and other educational actors have enhanced their ability to work together with the business sector and participate in the European research arena by projects financed by Interreg Nord. The goal is to improve companies’ ability to commercialize innovation by strengthening research, technological development and innovation. Increasing the competitiveness of Arctic SMEs, including the Sami businesses and society, is in the core of the Interreg Nord programme.
Welcome and introduction (Anna-Mari Auniola – Interreg expert, Interreg info-point, Regional Council of Lapland)
• Introduction to ”Future EU Arctic Policy?” (Ambassador Jari Vilén – European Commission – Senior Advisor at IDEA , the in-house think tank of the European Commission)
• Role of Arctic 5 collaboration in Innovation (Anne Husebekk – Rector of UiT – The Arctic University of Norway)
• How research collaboration and applied science meet the needs of regional livelihoods in NSPA regions (Göran Hallin – Phd. Senior Advisor WSP)
Panel discussion (Göran Hallin)
Interreg Nord – programme as a tool for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
– All keynote speakers
– Susanne Engström – Luleå University of Technology, ICNB – project
– Niila Inga – Saami Council, Filling the EU Sápmi knowledge gap – project
– Mika Rantakokko – University of Oulu, Arctic 5G
Questions & Answers (Göran Hallin and Anna-Mari Auniola)
Final words (Jari Vilén)
18.00 Arctic Cocktails (Sky Bar The Edge)
Mingling for the participants of the side event incl. serving beverages and light snacks.
More information will follow after your registration to the side event.